To assist patients with mobility difficulties, the National Falls Guidelines recommends the use of non slip footwear as part of a multi-factorial falls prevention strategy.
Why Gripperz should be used as part of a multi-factorial falls prevention plan:
- A study conducted by Eastern Health in 2008 using Gripperz Non Slip Anklet socks saw a 100% reduction of falls during the trial period
- The use of well-fitted, non slip footwear is recommended by the Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Healthcare, the Government of WA Department of Health, the Clinical Excellence Commission NSW and the Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne
- Wearing non slip socks gives patients, their families and carers greater peace of mind
What makes Gripperz a safe, non slip footwear option?
Gripperz are an effective, low cost falls prevention aid with a proven track record, since 2008.
- Safety Grip - extensive grip dots extend along the entire length of the sole, minimising the chance of falls on hard & slippery floors.
- They Stay Put - a contoured ankle prevents them twisting around and helps them stay in place. With the option of an elasticised Anklet for extra stability or an elastic-free top Maxi sock for swollen feet, available in a range of sizes to ensure the perfect fit.
- Healthy - made of a high quality cotton to ensure breathability and absorbency.
- Comfort & Warmth - provided by a cushioned sole and contoured ankle.
- A range of colours - Using different colours can help identify different risk levels in clients. Anklets available in black, red and grey. Maxi socks available in Black or Red.